The Lancaster County Land Bank Authority seeks a qualified developer or contractor (Applicant) to acquire and rehabilitate a blighted property at 839 Blunston Street in Columbia Borough.
In order for the Land Bank Authority to consider a proposal to acquire the property, the Applicant must complete the attached application. Incomplete proposals will not be reviewed by the Land Bank Authority.
SCOPE OF WORK
The following issues must be addressed:
- Demolish existing one-story structure where current kitchen is located, and relocate kitchen as specified in Exhibit C
- Replace gas furnace
- Pour new concrete floor in basement.
- Remove existing windows and replace with vinyl double hung.
- Install new doors, exterior and interior
- Update and replace electrical wiring, install additional receptacles as needed to bring up to code
- The building must be made weather-resistant and weather tight.
- The electrical system must be upgraded throughout to meet code.
- Relocate laundry connections to second floor as specified in Exhibit C.
- Relocate second floor bathroom and reconfigure bedrooms, laundry, closets and bathroom as specified in Exhibit C.
- Remove deteriorated plaster and drywall ceilings and walls.
- Remove and replace floor coverings.
- Treat any surfaces containing lead-based paint.
- Work must meet Columbia Borough code and result in a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Remove and replace roof where needed
The building will be open for inspection on Wednesday September 6th, 2017, from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM.
MINIMUM PURCHASE PRICE
Purchase Price is Negotiable. Provide the amount to be offered in the appropriate section of the Bid Form. Disposition of the property will be documented by a Purchase and Development Agreement defining the scope of work and timetable agreed to by the developer.
Statement of Qualifications
The Land Bank Authority requires all applicants to provide evidence of their experience in the renovation of residential/commercial properties (Exhibit B).
Preferred Property Use
Columbia Borough has a strong preference for homeownership. Priority will be given to Applicants who propose resale of the renovated building to a homeowner, all other qualifications being equal. However, the Land Bank Authority recognizes financing and market conditions may, for some Applicants, better support a rental alternative. Proposals will therefore be accepted for both homeownership or rental outcomes.
CONTENTS OF SUBMISSION
- Statement of Qualifications – if a submission has not been completed and approved by the Land Bank Authority (Exhibit A). Statement of Qualifications – Exhibit A
- Application Packet (Exhibit B) Land Bank Proposal Form – Exhibit B
Proposals must be submitted to the Land Bank Authority by 4:00 PM on Friday September 15th, 2017.
Applicants must submit one (1) electronic copy and one (1) hard copy.
Lancaster County Land Bank Authority
28 Penn Square, Suite 200
Lancaster, PA 17603-4297